Monday, September 18, 2006

Are they or Aren't they?

My friend logic101 posted with some opinions on the debate and concerns about the current quality of intelligence on Iran's nuclear capabilities and installations. Personally, I am somewhat alarmed by the general hawkishness of the Bush administration, and my perception that they are too quick to pull the trigger. The McClatchy link in logic101's article provided an eerie reminder of my concerns about the "ease" with which some administrations believe air power can work the military equivalent of diplomatic miracles. I would be concerned that "updating plans" is code-speak for "warm up the engines". An encouraging counter-opinion from UPI makes me want to know who the mysterious "sources" are; Charles Krauthammer must have different sources as he interprets Bush's words.

No comments: